But First...Coffee: How to Hydrate More with COFFEE!
How To Make A Healthy, Hydrating Iced Coffee
Good morning, Coffee Lovers!
If you're like me, you're terrible at staying hydrated... but you're REALLY good at drinking coffee... So this week I'm sharing with you how to make not only a cold brew coffee at home BUT using a small trick to really hydrate yourself along the way!
See below for my cold brew recipe! And enjoy your week!
Stay hydrated ;) Drink more coffee!
What you need:
- A pitcher or mason jar
- 1 & 3/4 cups of Coffee Over Cardio ground coffee!
- 3 & 1/2 cups of cold coconut water
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Standard Paper Coffee Filter
- Plastic wrap
- A refrigerator
Place the coffee grounds in a 2-quart pitcher, add the water, and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let steep at room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 1 day.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with a standard coffee filter and fit it over a medium bowl. Working in batches, slowly pour the coffee into the filter until all of the liquid has passed through the strainer (the coffee will pass through in a slow stream; don’t force it through); stop when you reach the solids at the bottom of the pitcher (don’t pour them in). Discard the grounds and the contents of the strainer.
- Wash and dry the pitcher. Transfer the strained coffee into the pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
For each cup of iced coffee, dilute the concentrate with an equal portion of milk, half-and-half, or water. Sweeten with stevia or your choice of sweetener if desired and top with ice!