But First Coffee... Blueberry Baked Donuts
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave or honey
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil – If you don’t mind fat-free texture, you can use applesauce (35g)
- 1 cup flour, loosely packed (works with all-purpose, spelt, or gf all-purpose mix) (125g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- optional pinch cardamom or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen-thawed (60g)
Combine first 5 ingredients, and set aside.
Grease a donut pan OR mini muffin pan, and preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together all remaining ingredients except berries, then pour wet into dry once oven is preheated, and stir until just evenly mixed. Don’t overmix.
Either stir the blueberries in very carefully so they don’t break and turn everything purple, or press them in after portioning the batter into the pan.
Bake 10-12 minutes (depending on flour used), or until donuts have risen and batter is no longer wet.
Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Frost with a basic glaze or even straight-up coconut better! A new favorite!